Sunday, 5 April 2015

Memory Lanes: New Flash Fiction on Grievous Angel



Memory Lanes has been published on Grievous Angel, Charles Christian's flash fiction webzine, go have a read right now!

Memory Lanes was a short piece of fiction written during the tail end of 2014 as part of the creative writing course I was attending. It was well received by both my tutor and my fellow learners and I was encouraged to polish it up and send it out. Lo and behold, here it is, published on Grievous Angel.

I'm thrilled, I honestly am. Although the story itself is short, the achievement is three-fold. First off, Memory Lanes is my first piece of published fiction, secondly its my first sale of fiction, and lastly its my first sale for a publication paying a professional rate.

It may have taken a while for Memory Lanes to pop up on Grievous Angel (I actually sold the story to Charles Christian back in October 2014), but now it's finally here, I'm more pumped than ever to crack on with both my short stories and my novel "Soci of Metro", the rewrite of which has nearly reached 240 pages.

There's not much to say other than read Memory Lanes! It's roughly 300 words and will only take a minute to get through, so I'd really appreciate any time spent reading my story and provide feedback. I want to know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.