Monday, 11 August 2014

About My Novel: Soci of Metro





"Soci of Metro" is the title of the novel I've been frantically writing for the last few weeks and the topic of the more recent episodes of MegaWestgarth's By The Victors. I actually revealed the title on my Tumblr a little while ago, but I've been reluctant to write anything more lengthy about it here on MegaWestgarth.

It's funny; I've become so used to flaunting my videogame-related writings, yet the idea of openly discussing my novel scares the hell out of me. I spent several months planning it, re-planning it, and writing briefs of all the characters and all the scenes. Now that I've been actually writing the thing I'm amazed to find I'm up to a rate of roughly 1,500-2,000 words a day, with a total of over 20,000 words so far.

So what's there to be afraid of?

In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure why I find my novel so hard to discuss. I even find it difficult to tell people, including my own family, that I'm spending a significant amount of time and energy writing a novel. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that so many people try and fail to even complete a first draft. I'm terrified of people thinking I'm destined to become one of the millions of failed writers out there, and I'm terrified of proving them right.

Anyway, my name's Michael Westgarth, and I'm writing a novel called Soci of Metro. You can have a look at my first draft's daily word count in the sidebar on the right. Now go away and leave me to type in my stuffy dungeon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.